Sunday, June 3, 2012

A day of both joy and sorrow

Hi everyone.  Today is an up and down day for me.  First off, when I went to church today I had to speak to the congregation about my Walk to Emmaus and what it meant to me.  So I thought I would reprint my words for you here on my blog.

"I have had some terrible events in my life.  I have had some wonderful events in my life.  But my Walk to Emmaus was the single most amazing and awesome event in my life.

I was "raised in church".  I did the same for my children.  That's the way it was done in my family.  But I never truly realized what walking with Christ really meant until now.  So at the age of 76 I will walk with Christ for the rest of my life, with God's help, of course.

I must say that when I went to the Walk, I had two terrible things weighing heavily on my heart.  And after much prayer while there, they have both been lifted and I no longer carry those with me any more.  And my heart is so much lighter now.  It's amazing when you can actually feel something like that leaving you.,  Thank you, Dear Lord, for helping me.

I have one more thing to tell you.  Most of you met my son, who I had been estranged from for 31 years.  Then 3 years ago he found one of my daughters and myself on FB.  About two years ago he and his family moved into a home practically around the corner from my home.  Although he is "just around the corner" I hardly ever see him.  I even told him that he could just have stayed where he was because we don't see each other very much.

Well, he wrote me a note in a beautiful card while I was away, and I called him and told him how much I appreciated and loved the card and note.  He then proceeded to say 'Mom, I have to tell you something.  While I was writing that note to you, I finally realized just how much I really do love you.'  Well, you could have knocked me over with a feather, because he's always said he loved me, but I certainly believe it now.  And he said he's going to speak with his wife about the fact that we should see each other at least once a week.

So the Walk even reached out to my son and healed our relationship.  Amazing.  Awesome.  And this is all the work of God.  So if you are interested in going on the Walk to Emmaus please speak with your pastor and discuss this.  You won't be sorry.  I can guarantee it!

Thank you to all of you who have supported me on this journey.  I will never forget this experience."

So that was the happy part of my day.

And now for the sad portion of it.  I lost a dear friend today from cancer.  Her name is Denise and I loved her.  She fought a hard battle, but she lost.  But then again, I guess she didn't really lose the battle, because she now is with God up in heaven.  I'm sure he has his arms wrapped around her and is making sure she is no longer in pain.  Goodbye, Denise, I'll see you in your new home sometime in the future.

I think this is enough said for today.  I'll do the gluten free recipe and greeting card tomorrow.  Sweet dreams to you all.

Hugs,
Lynn



No comments: