Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Recipes

I promised you another gluten free recipe, so here it is.  I call it salsa, but it's not  what we usually call salsa.
I make small amounts of it, so it's always fresh when I eat it.  And it's really better when fresh.  So here goes:

          4 thick slices of cucumbers, chopped
          2 thick slices of tomatoes, chopped
          2 spring onions, chopped
          a squirt of cilantro from those tubes of herbs that you get in the produce department
          a pinch of sea salt
          fresh ground pepper
          a splash of olive oil

Mix well and refrigerate for a short period of time

I serve this on top of cottage cheese and it's really scrumptious.  And the other day I just put some on my lunch plate and served it with chips.  Nice addition to a sandwich.  You could also use this as a topper on practically any meat.

I hope you like it.

And now for a greeting card "recipe" that I made:

 The butterfly was cut out on my Cricut Expressions 2 machine, using the Close To My Heart Cricut Art Philosophy Collection cartridge (Z1686).  This cartridge has 700 images on it!!!  The papers are the reverse sides of one of the sheets from the Pemberly Paper Packet (X7148B) and the strip down the middle is from one of the borders of the paper sheet.  I used rhinestones down the spine of the butterfly.  So simple and so quick to make.  You could make so many of these in such a short period of time.  Then on the inside you can stamp whatever greeting you want -- birthday, sympathy, get well, anything. 

Well, I'll see you again next Sunday.  Have a great week and stay healthy and happy.

Hugs,
Lynn

No comments: